Information Communication Technology (ICT) is at the cutting edge of fascinating improvements to standards of living. This policy has been produced in order for all staff and students to continue to have access to the School’s ICT facilities as well as learn better ways of communicating.
- E-Mail Usage
- E-Mail should be used where possible to save resources and communicate efficiently
- E-mail should not be used:
- To send unsolicited emails.
- For any form of harassment.
- To create or forward chain letters or spam.
- To view your own personal mail during school hours.
- The content of all messages sent must be considered and checked, as you would do for a physical document.
- If an e-mail is sent or received with suspect content then it will be quarantined until the e-mail is checked.
- Access to the Internet
- All Internet use will be logged and access to some web sites will automatically be barred. Meadow Hall does not expect its pupils to visit inappropriate sites and if you are in any doubt about the validity of a site please contact the ICT Department.
- Visiting inappropriate or offensive sites will be treated as misconduct and disciplinary action may be taken against any person caught abusing the system.
- Do not open a connection and leave it open, log off as soon as you have finished.
- Downloading Files
- Downloading of files such as screen savers and other non-school related files and programs such as movies, music, etc. is not acceptable and disciplinary procedures may follow such downloads.
- Server Usage
- Unauthorized Software
- No unauthorized software is to be loaded. Do NOT bring games, screen savers etc. in and try to load them.
- Do not record or process any information, which knowingly infringes any patent or breaches any copyright.
The following uses of the Internet are specifically prohibited and will be dealt with as serious breaches of the school’s ICT Policy.
- Accessing eBay or any other auction websites.
- Unapproved use of social media website such as Twitter, Vine, Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Unapproved use of any chat room websites.
- Before leaving your desk check that the logging off process has been completed
Definition of ‘unsuitable’ and ‘inappropriate’
DO NOT send, receive, download, display, print or distribute material that is:
- Sexually explicit
- Otherwise unlawful
- Likely to cause complaints of sexual or religious harassment
Disciplinary action may be taken if the policy is not observed. This may result in a temporary or permanent withdrawal of access to the School’s ICT facilities.
“When using the School’s ICT facilities, there should be no expectation of privacy.
Meadow Hall reserves the right to monitor the use of our systems.”